May 16, 2013

Toronto Comics Arts Festival 2013

Heather Agoncillo TCAF 2013 Convention Comic Graphic Novels
TCAF Sunday May 12, 2013

Wow, I was completely blown away by the artists I met at the Toronto Comics Arts Festival (TCAF) this year. It was a very fulfilling experience and for those who never went to TCAF before, I highly recommend you try going next year and be seriously prepared with lots of cash. You’ll be amazed on how much stuff you just want to buy there.

TCAF 2013 Heather Agoncillo Convention Scott Pilgrim
Oni Press featuring Bryan Lee O'Malley's " Scott Pilgrim"coloured series
TCAF 2013 Heather Agoncillo
Hilarious X-ray portraits by Jason Laudadio
TCAF is one of the best conventions you can ever go to. It’s a week-long convention that has a great focus on comics, graphic novels and their creators. You get to meet several popular artists and publishers in the industry, attend very informative and helpful lectures, gallery shows and panel discussions and participate in all kinds of neat events. It’s just absolutely amazing. I wish I could clone myself so that I could attend everything that this unique comic convention has to offer. Oh and if all of this doesn’t incite you to come well guess what, it’s free.

Yes. I’m not kidding.

Unfortunately this year, I was only able to attend TCAF on Sunday. Despite of that, I was very pleased with how I used up my time there. I managed to attend three inspirational lectures about making comics. Plus with no regrets, I impulsively purchased four awesome graphic novels. 

Here are my beloved purchases which I still have to read! If you are interested to learn more about them, I've included links to their website for you to check them out.
"Sunny
by Taiyo Matsumoto + free print.

 
by Andrew Carl and Chris Stevens + free print.

 
"Skull Kickers" by Jim Zub, Edwin Huang and Misty Coats
"Spera" by Josh Tierney, Miloogiannis, Vanderklugt, Chan and Weaver

by Jason Laudadio

Most of them were actually signed by the creators themselves, which I’m super stoked about! It was such a great opportunity and experience to meet the artists and have them sign my graphic novels. It made my books even that more special, meaningful and completely worth it.

I surely can't wait to go to TCAF next year. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment