July 18, 2013

Anime North Cafe Delish

This timeline features the limited edition pins I've designed each year.


For those who may not know, I have been volunteering at a maid cafe called "Cafe Delish" at Anime North for 4 years in a row.  If you ever attended this event between 2010 - 2013, then perhaps we've met or I have probably served you before! My maid name is Nyamo! Nice to meet cha!
So what's Cafe Delish? Well, it's a Saturday event where customers can come, relax and enjoy an afternoon tea service after an exhausting day at the con.
- - - - - - - - - - -
 Each seating includes:
  • A collectable memento for Cafe Delish 2013
  • Beverage of your choice (tea, juice, pop)
  • Assortment of decadent desserts (afternoon tea style)
  • Unique Maid service / experience
  • Interactive games (Jankenpyon)
  • Complimentary photo set (with a maid) at the puriMeido booth in the TCC
Each ticket costs $20 and all the proceeds are donated to charities like the Sick Kids Hospital, the Japan Relief efforts and the World Wildlife Fund.
 - - - - - - - - - - -

Every year has been an amazing experience and I've always enjoyed being part of the maid cafe. I worked with a great maid team, met lots of awesome geeky people at the con and learned new dances to perform. However, all good things must come to an end and this will be my last year at Cafe Delish. I'm a graduated artist now and I'll be going to conventions as an artist than a con goer. Hence, I would like to thank Cafe Delish and all the masters and madams I've served these past 4 years. It's been a blast and hopefully I'll see you next time as Heather and not as Nyamo.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment